Sunday, January 13, 2013

BIRTH OF A POET, WHY DO POET'S WRITE | POEATREEMAN on Xanga


Weblog

Sunday, 13 January 2013

BIRTH OF A POET, WHY DO POET'S WRITE




   Sunday, 22 June 2008

Currently Reading
Inner Journey : The Birth of a Poet
By Kathy Morris
see related

THE BIRTH OF A POET


Born from pain and feelings of hurt
of a life that was not worth living
and a love that was not given.

born of suffering of peoples hearts
and agonies of children's tears
of a world that did not seem to care
and hope that was not there.

born from a tear and a heart
as feelings gave birth to tears
and tears awoke the soul to see
the heart it had felt for thee.

born of a time that God had planned
to let me see the right of way
that I may know not all is bad.

share the love that I may have.

born of a need to know myself
share what I've have come to know
that I may see your heart aglow.

with it all the things you feel
even if its pain and tears.

for this is what a Poet does
awakes your heart and soul to see
you are here indeed.

to feel all the pain and love
is to awaken the heart in you
maybe The Birth of a Poet too.

Dedicated to Jeannett Lynn
A Poeatreeman

Edgar Allan Prieto
June 3,1985
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto


THANKS FOR SHARING

Pete Berry originally shared this post to Quotes Everlasting (Life Quotes
  

    Sunday, 22 June 2008

Currently Reading
Why We Write: Conversations with African Canadian Poets and Novelists
see related

WHY DO POETS WRITE?


To Keep in Touch
with God and Soul


To Keep The Heart
From Growing Old


To Nourish Love
with Pain and Sorrow


To Keep The Cares
From Losing Ground


To Keep The Faith
When Days are Long


To Let The Spirit
Speak in Rhymes


To Say a Prayer
in Words I Knew


To Give Thanks
I am Here with You.


A Poeatreeman

The Lines I Write
Let it Speak of Love


The Lines I use

Let it Not Be
Just Words I Write


Let it Say
I Spoke of Life


Let it Show
How I Lived My Life


Let it Be
Known I am Human


Know
I am Judged By One


Not By any Human

Less They
Judged Themselves


They Will See Their Self.

A Poet's Note

Why Do Poets Write

To Keep Despair
From Breaking Ground


To Keep Hope
From Dwindling Down


To Keep Cares
From Feeling Not


To Keep Tears
From Drying Up


To Keep Happiness
From Sorrows Hurt


To Keep Pain
From Getting Worse


To Keep Faith
From Breaking Down


To Keep Love
From Losing Heart


To Keep Myself
From Cracking Up


To Keep It All
From Falling Apart.


Edgar Allan Prieto
12/16/97
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto



BIRTH OF A POET, WHY DO POET'S WRITE | POEATREEMAN on Xanga

No comments:

Post a Comment