Tuesday, January 22, 2013

IT IS MY FOOTPRINTS I'VE LEFT FOR YOU | I SUPPORT PEACE

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

IT IS MY FOOTPRINTS I'VE LEFT FOR YOU

  • FOOTPRINTS I'VE LEFT

  • YOU HAVE TAKEN, 
  • THE OATH TODAY.

  • I HOPE IT GOES GOD'S WAY.

  • FOLLOW NOT YOUR OWN
  • FOR WHO WILL LEAD YOUR WAY ?

  • GOD AND COUNTRY,
  • WILL BE BETTER SERVED.

  • WHEN THE PATH
  • IS RIGHT FOR US TODAY.

  • POEATREEMAN
  • EDGAR ALLAN PRIETO
  • 1/22/2013
  • COPYRIGHT@2013

    FOOTPRINTS


    EVEN THOUGH
    YOU ARE

    MY COMMANDER
    IN CHIEF
            
    YOU ARE NOT
    MY CONSCIENCE

    I MUST MEET.


    GOD'S VALUES 
    ARE MY RULES.
    I FACE
    A GREATER TRUTH

    WHOM

    I MUST MEET.


    WHAT WILL
    I SAY TO HIM

    I FOLLOWED
    THE DAY

    WHEN
    I AM AT HIS FEET?


    SHOULD
    I RETREAT

    ASK HIM
    TO COMMAND ME

    TO FOLLOW
    HIS WORDS?


    GOD IS TALKING

    I HAVE ONE PATH

    IT DOES NOT
    FOLLOW MAN.

    IT IS
    MY  FOOTPRINTS

    I LEFT FOR YOU
    IN THE SAND.

    TO PRESIDENT
    @OBAMA

    POEATREEMAN

    WHEN IN DOUBT
    FOLLOW GOD'S WAY.

    EDGAR ALLAN PRIETO
    6/10/2012
    COPYRIGHT@2012




        Monday, 30 June 2008

    Currently Reading
    A Separate Peace
    By John Knowles
    see related

    I SUPPORT PEACE

     
    Where hearts
    come home,

    Not souls
    in coffins

    who were
    cut down
    too soon

    Where at home,
    hearts are bled

    From loves lost,
    dying dreams

    Wondering ,
    For years,
    why it was to be?

    Taking count,
    of pain and hurt

    Each time, ,
    They think,
    of one another

    What life I had ,
    What could it,
    have been?

    Echoes, all through ,
    The hearts,
    that wept.

    Did
    I make it better
    how?
    Not
    if I cannot
    see
    the end

    What price ,
    Did I pay
    to see today?

    What cost ,
    Did I give
    a heart or a soul?

    What values
    do I have ,
    That have not
    left me ?

    What
    do I hold on to ,
    that can bring
    me peace?

    The hope ,
    God will see
    us through

    Even through ,
    The darkest
    awakening

    Hope of a nation
    to serve God
    not war

    Of a people
    to see the hearts
    of others

    A dream
    not to kill
    each other

    The hope,
    it was not
    indifference

    For bullets
    ripped the flesh

    Indifference
    tore the soul

    The wounds
    they received

    Was it inflicted
    by them or us?

    Who is serving
    life or death?

    Who is burying
    hopes and dreams?

    Who is serving
    humanity the best?

    The nation
    WHO serves God
    not man

    The nation
    WHO has God
    in hand.


    MICHELLE DETZEL
    Dedicated to Linda Purvis
    DESERT STORM
    THE COUNTRY CALLED
    MY NURSES WERE GONE
    THEY TOOK THEIR HEART
    WHEN TO WAR
    I WAS LEFT WITHOUT
    THEIR CARE.
    I KNOW ALL TOO,  WELL
    THE WAY OF WAR.
    I SERVED IN NAM
    WHEN I WAS CALLED.

    I WHEEL AROUND
    TO SEE TODAY.

    I THANK GOD
    FOR EVERY DAY.


    A Poeatreeman

    If I reach for the plow  ,
    Make sure my heart is in it

    If I reach for the sword ,
    Make sure truth is in hand

    If peace is at hand ,
    why can't we take hold?

    Do we serve
    God or man?

    God help the nation ,
    who serves itself

    For it serves not me ,
    who serves itself.

    Edgar Allan Prieto
    1/27/91
    Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto




IT IS MY FOOTPRINTS I'VE LEFT FOR YOU | POEATREEMAN on Xanga

1 comment:

  1. Obama’s Footprints

    I rather have God
    carry me through.

    I can follow
    His Footprints

    Till
    I am through.

    Edgar Allan Prieto
    1/23/2013
    Copyright@2013

    ReplyDelete