Tuesday, January 29, 2013

LIGHTING THROUGH THE NIGHT | POEATREEMAN on Xanga


Tuesday, 29 January 2013

LIGHTING THROUGH THE NIGHT


I DID THE DANCE
FOR I WAS SCARED
OFF MY FEET.

I KEPT THUNDER
WITH THE BEAT.

THE RHYTHM WAS
MY HEART'S KEY.

I WAS DANCING
FOR MY LIFE.

FOR IT FLASHED
BEFORE MY EYES
.
WHEN GOD TOOK
THE PICTURE


I WAS SURPRISED.




LIGHTNING THROUGH THE NIGHT

               
Dear Jesus
I know you can protect us all

I know not if its meant to be

In this time of fright

Where storms are lightning
through the night

Please take your hand
and shield my fate

For scared am I
of nature's wake

Thunder and cracking of ever roar

Makes my heart pound with the storm

These times I think you're mad at me

Oh yes!
I hear your voice with might

Shaking in my soul with fright

Praying you'll hear my plea

Praying you won't take me

Praying you'll see me through

In this time of dreadful flights

Where storms are lightning
through the night

Take your hand
and guide me through

Even when it's shining too.

Dedicated to Claudia

A Poeatreeman

Edgar Allan Prieto
July 27,1986   
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto
   

THANKS FOR SHARING


LIGHTNING THROUGH THE NIGHT | POEATREEMAN on Xanga


LIGHTING THROUGH THE NIGHT | POEATREEMAN on Xanga

No comments:

Post a Comment