Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A TEST OF COURAGE | POEATREEMAN on Xanga


Tuesday, 22 January 2013

A TEST OF COURAGE




I SET OUT TO FIND MYSELF,
FOUND COURAGE. HELPED ME UP
I WAS RACING TO GET AHEAD
IT WAS NOT THE VICTORY I SEEK
THE GIFTS OF LIFE, I WILL MEET.
FOR LIFE WAS NOT THE RACE TO WIN
THE QUEST TO FIND, WHO I AM.


     Wednesday, 09 July 2008

Currently Reading
A Test of Faith and Courage: Patton's Raiders in WWII
By Oscar Ladner
see related

A TEST OF COURAGE


Here I am in life's own hand
at the mercy of its forces

Going from one course
To travel to a distant place

Where no course has been set
only waiting for the next

To see if I would fall

On the travels of my flight

Into where is next
With all that past how do I test?

In this life I must pass
Only moments away

To the next until I test
All my life will I contest

Wondering!

If I did my best

only can I know

If I keep the course I have set

Try to test my best

For going into life

Is a test I have met

Staying with life

Will be my final test.

A Poeatreeman

Edgar Allan Prieto
March 12, 1979
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto

THANKS FOR SHARING
"Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more.”
Louis L'Amour



A TEST OF COURAGE | POEATREEMAN on Xanga

No comments:

Post a Comment