Friday, January 18, 2013

HUMANITIES A COURSE FOR LIFE | POEATREEMAN on Xanga


Friday, 18 January 2013

HUMANITIES A COURSE FOR LIFE

 



    Wednesday, 18 June 2008

Currently Reading
Believing and Living: A Text for the Wjec Short Course (WJEC GCSE Short Course)
By Gavin Craigen, Joy White
see related

HUMANITIES A COURSE FOR LIFE


I have
a course in life


I
am trying
to be human


With
all the others
in this world


I
am trying
to be
the best I can


My grades
will be
each day
I am here


I
am
not better
just trying
to be good


I
am
not
in any class
for I see
only one world


Grant
you there
are poor and rich


Better
off does not
make you better


There
are some
who find
greatness
being poor


There
are others
who are rich


Find
they are
burdened
by it all


I
am best
when
I am human


I
am even
better
when
I help
my fellow man


If
I was born
with a silver spoon


It
does not
mean
my plate is full


If
I was not!


Does
not mean
I have
an empty one


For heart
and spirit
need both be full


If
I am poor
if I am rich


It matters
only
if I lose
my soul


For
in the end
it will not
be money

That
will bring
you to heaven


But
a heart of gold


Love
knows no rich or poor


It touches
all who seek it


Only man
puts it in a class


Poor little boy!

A THOUGHT!
If my spirit is rich
I have no need for gold

If my pockets are full
my heart is empty

What is my soul?

DEDICATED TO HUMANITY

A Poeatreeman
The measure of a man
Is not
If his pockets are filled

But his heart
Has riches beyond gold

For what if a man
Has no heart

Where
Could he place
His greatest treasure?

He cannot
For he does not hold it .


Edgar Allan Prieto
5/3/96
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto

THANKS FOR SHARING
Quote for the day



HUMANITIES A COURSE FOR LIFE | POEATREEMAN on Xanga

No comments:

Post a Comment