Friday, January 18, 2013

CRITERIA FOR HUMANS | POEATREEMAN on Xanga


Friday, 18 January 2013

CRITERIA FOR HUMANS





    Tuesday, 01 July 2008

Currently Reading
Criteria for consciousness in humans and other mammals [An article from: Consciousness and Cognition]
By A.K. Seth, B.J. Baars, D.B. Edelman
see related

CRITERIA FOR HUMANS


He is human not
always humane


He has feelings
not always there


He is as ice
when hurt
comes out


He
does not
always share


Or even
show he cares


He is a dreamer

For dreams
are his way
through life


He
has fought himself


Battled
against the odds


His companion
is ignorance


Hate
and disease


His opponent
is himself


His strength
is what stands him up


His weakness
tears him down


His wisdom
is but a question


His spirit
can hold the Heavens


His Fate
man awaits to what?


All  he has left unsaid

All he let pass by

All the end
is only beginning


For start did not start

When man had begun

It started
with the fall of man


The first to fall
was love


Hate
stood up had its say


Care went
the way of indifference


There is no love
to hold me in


Sorrow said
I am here to stay


Tears said
I'll come your way


Care's not there
to pick me up


Lonely said
I am empty with hurt


I wish
I could feel the ache


You have to
have heart to feel it all


Why would they
want to lose it all?


I'll ask them
when they take me in


God is this
what it is to be human?


You made me.

love was then


Where is it now ?

When I need faith
to take hold?


Where is your belief
I did not let go.


A Poeatreeman

Oh ye of little faith
Where is thy heart
Dedicated to Mankind


Edgar Allan Prieto
4/27/92
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto  

THANKS FOR SHARING
Eddy Lie originally shared this post to Quotes Everlasting (Discussio


CRITERIA FOR HUMANS | POEATREEMAN on Xanga

No comments:

Post a Comment