Saturday, January 19, 2013

GOD YOU GAVE ME WHEELS | POEATREEMAN on Xanga


Saturday, 19 January 2013

GOD YOU GAVE ME WHEELS





    Friday, 20 June 2008

Currently Reading
The Brain God Gave Me: A Fictional Memoir Based Upon the True Life Story of Roxie Howard
By Roxie Howard
see related

GOD YOU GAVE ME WHEELS


I would
slow down


God
you gave
me wheels


How fast
should I go?


Before
the days
roll over me


Roll
only to see me
never over me


There
are other people


Who
need to see
the way


All of them
are special


Each
must find
their way


You
can come
to me


You
do not need
your wheels


Or
even feet
to see me


or
even walk
the way


Carry
your heart
with you


I will be
there today


Take
the days
to find me


All
are welcome
who come
my way


Love
will let you
reach me


Faith
will take you
all the way.


A THOUGHT!

There are
no traffic lights,
to stop you


Only
your own sign


Know
where
you are going


Watch
for the signs.


DEDICATED TO CHRISTOPHER

A Poeatreeman

Heaven
is not a place
I can travel to


Though
it is the direction
I want to go


It will take
a life time
to reach


The road
is long and winding


many
a toll to pay


The cost
is faith
to get you through


Heaven
is the way
I can reach you


So take
no other way..


Edgar Allan Prieto
3/23/96
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto


THANKS FOR SHARING

jenny jabajab originally shared this post to Stairs to Infinity Quotes (Discu


GOD YOU GAVE ME WHEELS | POEATREEMAN on Xanga

No comments:

Post a Comment