Thursday, January 3, 2013

Gene Pitney - Town Without Pity (1961) | POEATREEMAN on Xanga


Thursday, 03 January 2013

Gene Pitney - Town Without Pity (1961)

               

     Saturday, 28 June 2008

Currently Reading
Tragedy & Hope: A History of the World in Our Time
By Carroll Quigley
see related

TRAGEDY


Tragedy
Can Be
Your Child
If You Rear
With Love
And Care

It Can Grow
Into A Rose
In Spite
Of Where
It Came

It Can
Give You
All The
Love
If You
Give it
Care
With Heart

It Can Take
You To The Moon
On A Love
That Grew
From
TRAGEDY

It Can Take You
To The Heavens
On A Smile
And A Kiss

Look Into
Its Eyes
See All
There is

They Will
Take You
To The Stars
On The Gleam
In Their Eyes

Sparkling
Like The Water
When The Rainbow
Crosses The Sky

They Can
Take You
To God
By Taking
Tragedy
To Heart

Give All
The Care
In Spite
Of All
The Hurt

Look
What
Has Grown
Because
Of All
The Care

Because You
Gave it Heart
It Will
Take You
To
The Heavens

Where You
Can Fly
Around
The Stars
On A
Love
THAT
Grew
From
TRAGEDY

For God
Was There
To TAKE
You
In His Heart
For You Took
The Greatest
Tragedy
Placed It
In Your
Heart..

All The
Love and Pain
You Took
It
With A Heart

Tears
Had Come
To Love,
Even Pain
Was Hurt..

Sadness
Was
Not Sad
Sorrow
Felt
The Hurt..

For it Cared
You Loved
In Spite
Of All
The Hurt

They
Gave You
Tragedy
For
They Knew
You
Had
A Heart

I Grew
Into
A Child
Because
Of All
The Love

I Grew
Into
A Heart
Because
Care
Gave Me
Heart

I Grew
To Love
Myself
In Spite
Of All
The Hurt

I Grew
To God
For He
Gave Me
A Chance
To Live

Now
I WILL
Give Him
All
The Love
And Care

I'll Give
Him Heart
So I
Will Stay
With Him

When
I Need
A PRAYER

I'll Whisper
IN
HIS HEART

Tragedy
Is PRAYING
FOR
A TEAR

For Love
Had Given
Tragedy
A Tear

It  Fell
On God
Touched
Him
In
His Heart

Why
Are
You
Crying?
I
Have Tears
In
My Heart

My Love
Is
Overflowing

I
Wanted
To Share
It
With You

To Thank
You
For
The Care
You
Always
Gave
TO ME

Filled Me
With
Your Love

I Had
To Tell
You This

When
I Was
Born,
I Thought
I Was
TRAGIC

You Where
There
To Hold
Me
Gave
Me Life

You
Held Me
In Your
Heart
Made Me
A Child

YOU
Told Me
I Was
Love
For I
 Came
From
YOUR Heart

A Tear
Began
To Cry

You Have
Given Me
Your Life,
How Can
Tragedy
Do This?

You're
My Child
I Seeded
Love
Only GIVES.

A Poeatreeman

The Seed
To Greatness
 Is in A Root
The Strength
Must Be There

If it is
To Take Hold
Grown     
Into Itself

Whoever
Comes
Will Gaze
For it is
A MAGNIFICENT
Seed

Grown
Beyond
Its
SIZE

A Test
From
Where
It Came
A
MONUMENT
of Strength

A TOWER
of Spirit
Reaching
For God.

Dedicated  To TRAGEDY
The MONUMENT OF LOVE

   
A Poet’s Note

I was Tilled in Sorrow
Love Picked me up
It Took A lot  Of  Care
To Work The Soil

God’s Tears
To Nourish My Soul
Now Heaven
Is Shining Down On Me
I Grew To Be A Poet
Now I  Am A Penmen
Who Writes To God.

A Poeatreeman
6/28/2008


Edgar Allan Prieto
FEB 24,1989
Copyright ©2008 Edgar Allan Prieto

Gene Pitney - Town Without Pity (1961) | POEATREEMAN on Xanga

1 comment:


  1. Thursday, 03 January 2013

    Gene Pitney - Town Without Pity (1961)

    THE ACT

    WILL THE MOVIE
    CONDEMN THE TWO


    OR WILL SOCIETY
    SENTENCES THEM TOO ?

    A REPLAY
    THAT CANNOT BE UN- TWINED.

    FOR HISTORY
    HAS ALREADY RUN ITS TIME.

    POEATREEMAN
    EDGAR ALLAN PRIETO
    1/4/2013
    COPYRIGHT@2013

    ReplyDelete