Tuesday, June 21, 2011

MY COUNTRY | POEATREEMAN on Xanga




  • MY COUNTRY


    I see my Country
    Clearly

    When I know
    What it is doing

    I see the wrong

    For then
    I can guide it right

    I am not the Path

    But try to find
    its Course

    Then I'll know

    Who's Leading me
    To Fight

    For what I must answer

    Who is right?

    What values does
    My Country bring?

    That find a place
    In me

    God and right
    I'll take their side
    My Country
    Must be on its side

    For I follow not
    My Country goal

    Rights of People
    To be told

    Of the Path
    My Country
    Takes me through

    For then I'll know
    Just where to go

    Then I'll know
    Just what to do

    I Hope The Path
    Is God and True.

    A Poeatreeman

    If my Country has Heart
    I'll know it's mine.


    Edgar Allan Prieto
    12/19/87
    Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto




    Poet’s Views

    The Flag may be
    Red, White, &Blue
    Yet
    The People who colored it
    is a Nation
    Covered in Views.

    Poeatreeman
    Edgar Allan Prieto
    6/21/2011
    Copyright@2011






MY COUNTRY | POEATREEMAN on Xanga

No comments:

Post a Comment