Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Nights of silk and tears - ERNESTO CORTAZAR



WHAT PRICE LOVE?


What is the Price
of Love?       


When a Heart
bleeds
from Tears and Hurt


Torn
from itself
Ripped with Pain


Left
to Heal the Hurt


Pain
is not the Worst


I Felt it all,
Tears and Aches


The Cares
that Came
Left their Marks


The Words
that Said it
all too Well


I Care
not Love you
til the End


Yet
Love will Hold
it all inside


Taking
it to the Bitter End


Why
does Love
Hold on to me?


I Gave
it Heart
When no one did


I Took
it in
Shared its Love


I Felt
it all
Both Soft and Sweet


I Felt
the Bitterness
when
Things went wrong


I Felt
the Pain
wrenching
through my Soul


Oh !
I would
not give it up
for Gold


This Treasure
that Showed me
just what I have


A Life
to find it
just One more Time


This Sweetness
that is more
than Gold


One Heart
is all
I need to Hold


It Fills
me with
the Price of Love


The Cares
to know
when I am Loved


The Pain
that Lets me
know I Cared


The Happiness
I have
when I Shared


The Sorrow
knowing
Love can Hurt


The Tears
showing
the Birth of Love.


A THOUGHT!

Life
is the Chest I Hold


Al I Have
will not be Gold


Yet
Precious it will be
just to Hold


To find Love
that will Carry through


To Open up
Share in its Wealth


To
Have once is Wealth untold.


Dedicated To Pamela

A Poeatreeman
   
There is
only one Hear
t
I Care to Love


The one
that God
brought to me


There is
only one Heart,
I can
Share in its Wealth


The World
that Holds
a place for me


There is only
one Care,
that will Carry
me through


To Care for it
in all I do.

 
Edgar Allan Prieto
8/3/93
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto

No comments:

Post a Comment