Sunday, November 14, 2010

DO IT ANYWAY



WHAT HAPPENS AFTER TWO?


Lord
You gave me
Two cheeks to turn

After that
What do I do?


You
Told me
If they spite me

To turn
The other too


What Happens
After Two?


Can
I turn theirs

Or
Would
That make it three?


I am human
I Only
Came with two


I guess
It's my turn
To turn theirs

I'll only
Do it twice


Forgive
me
If I am wrong


Lord
I know I have two

It's
How you made me


One side
Wants to go right

The other side
Wants to go left


I guess
You better

Keep
Me straight ahead.


A THOUGHT!
It's hard to face
an angry face

Use your wisdom
to get on through

Hard words
will never do

Turning
your cheek
is one way
through it

Remember
Lord!
you only
gave me two

   
Dedicated To Tracy

A Poeatreeman
Forgive
those
who spite you

Love
those
who curse you

Befriend
those
who would
hurt you

Pray
for those
who are lost


A POET'S NOTE


Let her heart
be the mountain

Let her words
be yours

Let her sound
be a roar

Let her heart
be yours

Let her soul
find peace

Let her life
be filled with joy.


Edgar Allan Prieto
3/12/96
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto

THE BEST OF HOPE**** 
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER TWO**** 
WHAT PRICE LOVE**** 
TRAGEDY**** 
HONOR**** 
TOOLS OF LIFE**** 
A FAMILY TREE BROKEN BRANCHES**** 
GUARANTEES**** 
HIGHWAY**** 
FAITH CAN REACH HEAVEN****
 NOT ALL**** 
A STEP TO HEART**** 
A LITTLE HOPE****

No comments:

Post a Comment