Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Susan Boyle - Who I Was Born to Be








THE MAST

 
It's not
The Roughs
Not the Storms

It's the Sinking
That will
Take me Down.


Battered and Torn
I am Still
In One Piece

My Mast
May not be
As it was Before.


Cracking
From all the Waves
That Hit

I Felt the Current
Coursing Through.


Changing me
To New Directions.


What Seas that Lie
Beneath my Ship

What Broken Vessels
Will I Keep.


To Sail across
The Seas of Life?

What Makes
My Mast
Strong and Right?


A THOUGHT!

Am I
That Tall Ship
From Long Ago

Or just
A Mask
of Weathered Storms

Showing
All its Breakage?


Dedicated To Richard

A Poeatreeman

One Course,
Will not let me
Go Aground.
One will Take me,
Through all Storms.
One will Keep me,
From Breaking up.
One will Show me,
The Northern Lights.


POET'S NOTE

A LOG OF LIFE

The Port I Entered
Will Be The One I Leave
The Dock I Anchored
Will Be Where I’ll Be
The Log I  Kept
Will Speak Of My Journey.


Edgar Allan Prieto
7/8/92
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto

No comments:

Post a Comment