Monday, August 8, 2011

HISTORY POEATREEMAN on Xanga

  • HISTORY



                   
    HISTORY

    IS THE DRESS

    YOU MAKE TODAY.

    FOR TOMORROW !

    YOU WILL HAVE TOO.

    WARE ITS WEARS.

    TO@
    President Barack Obama


    POEATREEMAN


    HISTORY

    WILL CARVE A MONUMENT
    TO YOUR SUCCESS.

    I HOPE IT STANDS
    THE TEST OF TIME.

    NOT A IMPRINT
    JUST IN SAND.

    REMEMBER
    YOUR FOOTPRINTS

    THEY ARE YOUR STEPS
    TO GREATNESS;.

    OR CAN LEAD TO A FALL.

    EDGAR ALLAN PRIETO
    8/8/2011
    COPYRIGHT@2011

POEATREEMAN on Xanga



HISTORY'S LOOK


You know how it is

Each Day

You Dress up for Today

History is this way too

It Changes its Dress

By what you do

Best you do it well

If you want History

To Reflect!       

The Best of you....

A Poeatreeman
From A Play of Words

Edgar Allan Prieto
2/22/2001
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto




HISTORY?

       
I may interrupt!
have
I brought on change?

The force that I have
Must only be for good

The change that I make
Must keep on going forth

The change that is good
Will allow me
to see where I am going

The only change
that is backwards
Is the one
that keeps me down

The only wisdom of it all
Is to see what is forward

For
if I go on back,
I am forced
 to change the good

For
if I go forward
At least
I can change what is wrong

The time
to reach understanding
Is now
when we are here   

The time
for understanding
Is before
we end in war

The time for change
Is before
the light is dwindling

The time for peace is always.


A Poeatreeman

History does not repeat itself

For is it not man who makes history?

Is it not man who chooses war?

Is it not peace that has understanding?

Is it not man's will to make the choices?

Is it not man who needs understanding?

Is it not wisdom that shows we can?

Dedicated to My Country

For I am not here to make history

Yet ! I am not here standing
to see it all fall away


Edgar Allan Prieto
12/29/91
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto

No comments:

Post a Comment