Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Greatest of All the HoneyMooners How Sweet it Was | POEATREEMAN on Xanga





PAST TODAY'S


I cannot eat
the crops,
who were then

I must eat,
what is now

Remembering,
how it was

Gave me,
a bittersweet taste

Swallowing it now,
may be hard to do

Easier at another time

Remembering,
I once wished it was

Today
I see, the fruits I bare

May not be,
as they were before

I am here,
to make it best

Remembering,
it is not today

What I have,
grown before

I Hope
will let me have,
the strength today

If I see
where I am,
where I was then

Plant both,
where they will grow

Then
I will plant, past today

Now
I will, plant today

See them,
both grow up

A crop
who will give me strength

The seasons
brought their best.

Written for Jerry

A Poeatreeman

Remembering
It is sweet
if you don't
forget today.


Edgar Allan Prieto
12/30/91
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto




The Greatest of All the HoneyMooners How Sweet it Was | POEATREEMAN on Xanga

No comments:

Post a Comment