Tuesday, July 26, 2011

7TH SEAL; ONE CHANCE TO FIND THE WAY, ONE CHANCE TO GO GOD'S WAY



WHEN DID?


When did death
come to my door?

The moment I was born

When did God arrive?

When I asked Him inside

When did I feel a tear?

When feelings lost a tear

When did sorrow start?

When I left God's heart

When did faith take hold?

When I found God's truth

When did happiness laugh?

When I felt hope at last

When did smile break?

When I knew I was loved

When did life come?

When God gave his son

When did salvation come?

When God gave his love

When did Heaven open up?

When I took the right way

When Did Hell take me away?

When I threw it all away..

A Poeatreeman

When did pain cut through?
When care was without heart
When did you do anything right?
When I gave my life to God.

Edgar Allan Prieto
12/26/91
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto




DIRECTION


When !
Each time I take a breath

Now !
When I should do what is best

Present !
The only time I can

Late !
I may not be at the pearly gates

Hell !
I finally made it here

Now !
It's late look where I am going

When !
Is now when I should have changed

Travel not !
On tomorrow's directions

Today is !
The only right of way

Take your life ! go God's way..

A Poeatreeman

Travel only in the right direction
No compass to point the way
Only Will! to choose the course
Only wrong you'll find your loss.


Dedicated to Melissa

From A Play of Words
DIRECTION

There is only one wrong thing
Not to do it right
There are many small paths
Waiting  for the test
There are many choices
How will I choose
What is left?
There is Conscience!
To tell me what is best.

A Poeatreeman
Edgar Allan Prieto
6/12/2007

Edgar Allan Prieto
12/26/91
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto


A MARKER ON LIFE


Let it not be
JUST THE MARKER they write


Let the words speak of life

Let the mark not be a scar

Let the end not come with strife

Let the foundation be as strong

Let the strength hold its might

Let the words weather the storm

Let this not speak of death

Let it mark my place with life

Let it say I am with God

Let it read, "I tried my best"

Let it show my faith in God.

A Poeatreeman

What foundation I lay

Will be the corner stone of my life

Held because strength holds it

Crumble because weakness expose it.


TRIBUTE TO
LARRY BEEGLE
A BELOVED FRIEND

Edgar Allan Prieto
12/24/91
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto


THE BOOK OF LIFE

                       
I am the Strength
of my Cover
Bound
By Golden Threads

My Pages
are of Satin
My Words
are as Good

I am Truth
To Behold
For I am Written,
With God's Word

Uncover and See!
For the Line
is not Between

It's Spaced Apart, 
Where Left is Left
Right is Right,
To Know What is Left

The Margin is in Between
Truth is there to See

A Golden Line,
not Written Wrong
Nor Words that say,
I am not there to See

Take Heart to Hear
The Chapter on Truth,
 is in the Word..

A Poeatreeman

If You Doubt Me,
Know Your Line
If You Face Me,
Know Your Mine.

Edgar Allan Prieto
6/3/92
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto


AUTHOR'S NOTE FOR BOOK OF LIFE


The end is left to me
A Treasured note
A word of hope

Written
As time goes by.


Have you written
A good chapter

wished it was a line?

Have you read
A good chapter

Or played with the lines?


The chapter on Truth
Cannot be changed

The chapter on right
Is what is left in time.

My chapters ended,
For I did not begin
I did not turn,
To see what was ahead.

The story of my life
I chose to read one page
Avoided all the rest.

The End
Was only the Beginning
There are many Pages left.

Edgar Allan Prieto
6/4/92
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto





7TH SEAL; ONE CHANCE TO FIND THE WAY | POEATREEMAN on Xanga

No comments:

Post a Comment