Sunday, August 29, 2010

WHERE DOES GOD STAND?




I Hope

In This Land


He Was Pushed

Out Of School


Where Is He Now?

Under House Rules


Waiting

For The Amendment


To Pass On Through

Waiting For

The Government


To Decide What To Do

Hoping

He Has A Prayer


To Finally Get Through

How Many Votes!

Will I Have

To Win


Before

You Accept Me

For

Who I Am?


It Only

Takes One's Heart


To See Who I Am

I Ask Not

For Your Votes


Only A Prayer

Say It In Silence

I Will Still Hear


I Came

To This Nation


To Let

You Know

I Am Here


It Is Up

To All Of You


If I Am

To Be Near.


To The Return Of Prayer

In School


A Moment Of Silence

Need Not Be Heard


I Will Take My Heart

To Speak To Him


TO VICE PRESIDENT AL GORE

A Poeatreeman

Let The Symbol
Be The Heart

God
Will Be Displayed


For
It Is
In Each Of Us

Prayer
Will Find Its Way


For
If God Is There

I
Can Take
A Right Step


If
He Is Out
What Is Left?


I Pray
The Right Step

Will
Not Be Far Away


I
Kept Him In Life

Yet
He Is Not
In School Today.

From A Play of Words

Edgar Allan Prieto
12/2/2000
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto

No comments:

Post a Comment