Saturday, August 28, 2010

I AM NOT A HERO




Just a SOLDIER
Who
Served the Cause.

Those
Who Died
are HERO'S Lost.

They
Fought
For FREEDOM
Paid the Cost.

Those
Who Suffered
Wounds in WAR
Took
the BRUNT
For Us All.

Those
INFLICTED
by The Pain
Felt
Each Care
DYING, Slowly.

Those
Who Prayed
for The End
Are
all The HEARTS

Who
want PEACE Again.

Those
Who DIED
REMEMBER
Their Loss.

They
PAID A Price
For
FREEDOM'S WAR

I AM
NOT A HERO.

Just
a SOLDIER
Who Gave it All.

I Hope
my COUNTRY
is Better Off?
I Hope
my LIFE,
Was Worth the Cost?

I AM
NOT A HERO

Just
One of GOD'S
Soldiers Now
Who
Washed
on HIS Shore.

Dedicated To
The Soldiers in Iraq
& Afghanistan

A Poeatreeman

Honor
All
Who Served
Freedom's War

For
on
Our Shores
Lies
Freedom's Door
Always
Open
to Wash Ashore.

I
Pray
We Never
Close its Door
I
Pray
it Never
Leaves
Our Shore.

Edgar Allan Prieto
10/3/2005

Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto

No comments:

Post a Comment