Saturday, August 28, 2010

THE LIGHT OF FREEDOM








A TRIBUTE TO THOSE
WHO SERVED
AND THOSE NOT SEEN
TO THE FUTURE !
WHO WOULD KEEP
FREEDOM FREE.


Freedom Lost!
is not ours to Lose

The Cost was
Paid by Many Souls

Those Who Died
To Set us Free

The Lost;

To Forget
Their Dying Deeds

Keep
it Burning
in your Heart

The
Light of Freedom

Will
Shine Throughout

Extinguished Only

When
you Forget
your Rights

Remember
The Fallen,

They
Paid with
Their Life

Remember
Their Spirit

They
Fought for
your Rights

Look
at the Flag;

Tell me
I am not Right

It’s
Stained
with the Spirits

Who
Colored its Life

It
Waves in the Wind

When
Freedom is in Sight.

Dedicated To The Fallen Souls

Whose
Lives now Serve
Freedom’s Role

Recall
To Remember
Freedom’s Fight

I Pray
we do not
Forget our Rights.

A Poeatreeman

I am Bound by God
To Pledge it All

I am Bound
by my Country
To Fight
For it All

I am Bound
by Truth
To Serve no Lies

I am Bound
by Conscience
To Keep
Freedom Strong.

Edgar Allan Prieto
7/23/2001
Copyright ©2002 Edgar Allan Prieto

No comments:

Post a Comment