Saturday, August 28, 2010

When the Trumpets Blow




I hear
The echoes of a call
That once was loud
Now seems gone
Calling back
To be
Remembered.

Dare
I wake them up at all
Or should I keep them
Where they are
In
The Triumphs of the past
Where they're held
In Fond Remembrance?

Dare
I beckon to the call
Of The Trumpets
Blowing strongly
Calling back
For me to answer
Or can
I Reach where I was
Then
On top of it all?

Or will
I Fail and Lose it all
With
The Triumphs of before
Or be Remembered
For my Feats
Because
I Could not
Face Defeat?

What purpose
Do I serve?

In this Quest
For going on
To Come back
Once more
To Hear
The Trumpets
Blowing?

Will I
Serve it or myself?

For Do
I have
The Strength
I need
To overcome
All I must
Knowing
I Could Fail?

Most of all
To myself

Do
I have
The will in me
if
I answer
Yes,
Is it all
I need?

For what is it
That I want
To Prove myself
To Whom or What?

Written for And Dedicated to
Sugar Ray Leonard

Edgar Allan Prieto
Dec 15,1983

A Poeatreeman

The Greatness of Oneself
Is to Triumph over Evil
For Goodness is the Fight
You must be Win
The Rounds are not Ten
It is Minutes to the End.


A Poet’ Note

THE CROWN
Oh how I would love
To recover the crown
It’s hard to regain
When
life is wearing it now.

From A Play of Words
A Poeatreeman
6/26/2007

Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto

No comments:

Post a Comment