Saturday, August 28, 2010

A LADDER TO HEAVEN











TRIBUTE’S TO FIREMEN, WHO HAVE HONORED US ALL
THEY STAND THEIR GROUND, IN SPITE OF THE COST

The FIREMEN
Were Climbing

The Stairs
To Hell

Little
Did They Know

It
Was Their Ladder
To Heaven.


They Went
Through Hell

To Help Us All
They
Showed Courage
In The Face of it All.


The POLICEMEN,
The FIREMEN

Who
Sacrificed Their Lives

The EMS
Who
Made Their Calls

They
Gave Their Best
To Save Them All.


Now
We Are Left
With Tears to Fall


How
Do We Say
Good-bye

When the Heart
Cries Out With Sorrow?

We Pray to God
Ask Him
To Help the Hour.


A Tribute To
Our Public Servants

We must Honor
Them
Each
and Every Day

Not
Just When
Disaster
Strikes the Hour.



To the People
of New York,

To the People
of Charleston, S..C.


To The Firemen
Lost
who suffered all cost

I pray Heaven
is the last place
you’ve climbed


THEY HAVE SUFFERED ONE OF THE GREATEST HOURS 9/11/01

A Poeatreeman

May God Be
The Fireman
Who
Rescues Me

I
Pray
He is on Call
Every Hour

I
Need
Him For Life

To
Keep
The Fires
From
Consuming
My Soul

I
Need Not
Burn
The Roads

I
May
Catch Fire
Before
I Am Old

Who
Then
Will
Receive
My Soul?


Edgar Allan Prieto
9/16/2001

Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto

2 comments: