Friday, February 1, 2013

THE MAST | POEATREEMAN on Xanga


Friday, 01 February 2013

THE MAST


A SMOOTH LIFE,
DOES NOT MEAN
THERE ARE NO STORMS.
WE ALL HAVE TO SAIL
ON SEA OR GROUND
THERE IS NO DIFFERENT.
WE BOTH
HAVE TO GET OUR FEET WET.
FOR LIFE SAILS AROUND.


     Monday, 23 June 2008

Currently Reading
The Rigging of Ships: in the Days of the Spritsail Topmast, 1600-1720
By R. C. Anderson
see related

THE MAST

 
It's not
The Roughs
Not the Storms

It's the Sinking
That will
Take me Down.


Battered and Torn
I am Still
In One Piece

My Mast
May not be
As it was Before.


Cracking
From all the Waves
That Hit

I Felt the Current
Coursing Through.


Changing me
To New Directions.


What Seas that Lie
Beneath my Ship

What Broken Vessels
Will I Keep.


To Sail across
The Seas of Life?

What Makes
My Mast
Strong and Right?


A THOUGHT!

Am I
That Tall Ship
From Long Ago

Or just
A Mask
of Weathered Storms

Showing
All its Breakage?


Dedicated To Richard

A Poeatreeman

One Course,
Will not let me
Go Aground.
One will Take me,
Through all Storms.
One will Keep me,
From Breaking up.
One will Show me,
The Northern Lights.


POET'S NOTE

A LOG OF LIFE

The Port I Entered
Will Be The One I Leave
The Dock I Anchored
Will Be Where I’ll Be
The Log I  Kept
Will Speak Of My Journey.


Edgar Allan Prieto
7/8/92
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto

THANKS FOR SHARING
weKOSH originally shared this post to Quotes Everlasting (Discussion):
Brace for Adversity knowing that you will come out better and stronger in the end.. Happy Thursday from wekosh.com
! #quote   #quotes   #motivation   #inspiration 


THE MAST | POEATREEMAN on Xanga

No comments:

Post a Comment