Monday, October 10, 2011

GREGG KARUKAS-FLY AWAY(THINKING OF YOU)




A MAGIC CARPET


I am not
that
magic carpet


Where
you can fly
across
the sands


I
am not
beneath
your feet


I
am here
not
laying down


I
am
not
here
to bring
you
what
you want


I
am
not
that carpet
of many
years ago


I
am
the blanket
if you
weave
me right


I
am
the covers
if you
hold
me tight


I
am
the fireplace
that
warms
your heart


I
am
the magic
when
love
is there
to show


I
am
the dreams


That
will
take you
where
you want
to go


I
am
love
from
long ago


I
am
the heart
that
holds
your tears


I
am
the cares
that
sweep
the hurt
away


I
am
the hope
of your
wishes


I
am
not
there
for show


I
am
all that is
to be


I
am
what
I am
no more
than
myself


I
am
love
that is
to be


I
am
more
when
you're
with me.


A THOUGHT!


Love
will take me
through it all


Love
will sweep me
across the times


Love
will fill me
with its best


Love
will give me
no rest


Love
will come
and I will fall


Love
will hold me
til I'm gone


Love
will show me
great and small


Love
will say it
right and wrong.


Dedicated To Kay


A Poeatreeman


If
you
dust me
off


Make
sure
you use
a feather
duster


If
you
break
me up


Make
sure
to collect
the pieces


If
you
hold
my heart,


Make
sure
yours
is there too


If
you have
love


Make
sure
its for two.


Edgar Allan Prieto
7/12/94
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto

No comments:

Post a Comment