Friday, March 23, 2012

BEFORE THE LAST LEAF FALLS; DAVID LANZ | POEATREEMAN on Xanga

 


ONE TIME WILL I COME IN, 
ONE TIME WILL I SEE THE END.
   
ALL In Time

Life is Sweeter
For Death is there To make it short.

The Day would not be bright
If it had no end in sight.

The Night could not fall
If Darkness Stayed on Stage.

The Seasons would not come
If Life was not to change.

The End would not begin
If Start was not to show.

The Death of Yesterday must Pass
If Today is to be Born.

Tomorrow holds the Promise
Of all the things to Change.

Each Tick of the Clock
My Hand passes Time.

Each Season to come;
Is a Quarter of the Clock.

Each time Changing;
Is one less Chance.

Each Hour Struck;
I am closer to it all.

Each Second Passed;
I am awakened to the Last.

A Poeatreeman
Edgar Allan Prieto
10/17/97

Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto



BEFORE THE LAST LEAF FALLS; DAVID LANZ | POEATREEMAN on Xanga

No comments:

Post a Comment