Sunday, February 5, 2012

SHE LIGHTS OUR HEARTS; STANDS IN AWE | POEATREEMAN on Xanga



THE SPIRIT OF FREEDOM


I Once
Stood Proud

On The Steps
Of Freedom.


While
The Flag
Was Being Raised


I Heard
The Anthem
Being Played


As I Stood
Upon The Steps


I
Hoped
All Country's


Would
Be Free


The Goal I Want,
Is not For Me


All Who Long
To Be Free


The Banner
I Hold
Is Earth's Own Soul


For
We Are One
Who Breathe Free


Let
The World
Breathe With Me


Then
We Can
All Breathe Free.


Dedicated To Freedom
TO THE PEOPLE OF SYRIA
A CRY FOR FREEDOM
SPEAKS TO ALL LANDS
GOD COMMANDS US
HIS BONDS
ARE FREEDOMS GOAL
LET MY PEOPLE GO


All Who Seek,
The Golden Wings


To Soar
Through Heaven,
Upon The Wind.


Let
No Shackles
Be Imposed


Then
My Bonds
Will Be
Not Broken


I
Can Set
Freedom High


Where
It Will Take
To The Sky


Heaven!
Is Open
For The Ride


I
Can Fly
Free And High


Bound
By Heaven's
Openness


Feeling
Free
For
My Spirit's High


Soaring
Upwards
Through The Stars


Bound
By Heaven's
Open Sky.


A Poeatreeman

It Is Not
The Steps
To Bronze


Or The Steps
To Silver


Not
Even Gold


It Is The Steps
To The Soul


That Cries
For Freedom


Let
My Spirit
Not Be Chained


I Will Fly
Upon The Clouds


Free
As God
Would Have Me Now.


Edgar Allan Prieto
9/24/2000
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto

DEDICATED TO OUR LADY

WHO GUARDS OUR HARBOR

WELCOME ALL OF US

TO STAY.

POEATREEMAN
EDGAR ALLAN PRIETO
2/5/2012
COPYRIGHT@2012

What Is Written On The Base Of The Statue Of Liberty?

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door." by Emma Lazarus.


PARA PHRASE: GOD WELCOMES YOU TO OUR SHORE'S




SHE LIGHTS OUR HEARTS; STANDS IN AWE | POEATREEMAN on Xanga

No comments:

Post a Comment