Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ernesto Cortazar - Somewhere in my soul... - YouTube.flv | POEATREEMAN on Xanga






From: POEATREEMAN  | Oct 29, 2011  | 
 
Loading...
I WAS ONCE A MIGHTY TREE
NOW I HAVE LOST MY LEAVES.
Shed no Tears For the Leaves
have Finally Fallen.

WHO WILL HOLD ME NOW?

I am going out on a Limb now
I am leaving my Heart to Love.

For when you see a Leaf fall

Remember

My Heart has fallen for Love

For what really hurts now
Are the Cares left by the wayside.

Not given to anyone.

My Soul is with God now,
He holds me with Love

I am not by the wayside,
For I was Lifted above.

A Poeatreeman

Whom ever Leaves Care,
By the Wayside

Will Pick Up Sorrow Instead

Whom ever Holds Love,
Will Feel Sorrow's Tears

Whom ever Cares,
Will know the Pain and Joy

Whom ever Heart is Filled with Love

Will Hold The Jewels For Years.

Edgar Allan Prieto
8/14/2000
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto

AN OLD OAK TREE


You are
a Young
Flower
I am
An
Old
Oak
Tree

You are
Blossoming
While
I am
Withering
Away

I had my
Spring
When
I Blossomed
too

Yet
my Branches
are
not as New

My Roots
are Firm
Though
the Soil
is Loose

I will Fall Soon
be
at your feet

So Remember
when
I Stood

I
Tried
to be Straight

Perfect
I Was Not
For the Soil
was
not Great

I had my Falls
Limbs
were
Broken too

Yet
I Held Up
When Others
thought
I Would not

The Ground
is Opened
I must
Return to all

Shed no Tears
For
the Leaves
have
Finally Fallen.

Dedicated to Naomi Stansfield
A Soft Soul

A Poeatreeman

When I was
Young
I Tried
to be Straight

I Grew as Life
Would
have me Stand

Yet
I Stood Up
gave it a Hand

I Thank God
For
Letting me Sow

I had the Seasons
To Change and Grow.

A Poet's Note

FORTITUDE

Do Not Say
Timber Yet
I Am Not
Ready To Fall

Do Not
Cut Me Down
For
I Stand Tall

If
You Want To Grow
Cut
No One Down

Then
You Will Stand Tall.


Edgar Allan Prieto
8/13/2000
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto



Ernesto Cortazar - Somewhere in my soul... - YouTube.flv | POEATREEMAN on Xanga

No comments:

Post a Comment