Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree - Videos - POEATREEMAN on Xanga





Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree - Videos - POEATREEMAN on Xanga


AN OLD OAK TREE


You are
a Young
Flower

I am
An
Old
Oak
Tree


You are
Blossoming

While
I am
Withering
Away


I had my
Spring

When
I Blossomed
too


Yet
my Branches
are
not as New


My Roots
are Firm

Though
the Soil
is Loose


I will Fall Soon
be
at your feet


So Remember
when
I Stood


I
Tried
to be Straight


Perfect
I Was Not

For the Soil
was
not Great


I had my Falls
Limbs
were
Broken too


Yet
I Held Up

When Others
thought
I Would not


The Ground
is Opened

I must
Return to all


Shed no Tears
For
the Leaves
have
Finally Fallen.


Dedicated to Naomi Stansfield
A Soft Soul

A Poeatreeman

When I was
Young

I Tried
to be Straight


I Grew as Life
Would
have me Stand


Yet
I Stood Up

gave it a Hand

I Thank God
For
Letting me Sow

I had the Seasons
To Change and Grow.

A Poet’s Note


FORTITUDE

Do Not Say
Timber Yet

I Am Not
Ready To Fall


Do Not
Cut Me Down

For
I Stand Tall


If
You Want To Grow

Cut
No One Down


Then
You Will Stand Tall.



Edgar Allan Prieto
8/13/2000
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto

No comments:

Post a Comment