Wednesday, June 19, 2013

GOD and COUNTRY, MY COUNTRY, A NEW DIRECTION | POEATREEMAN on Xanga


Wednesday, 19 June 2013

GOD and COUNTRY, MY COUNTRY, A NEW DIRECTION

BEST FOR THE FOURTH,
GOD SPEED YOUR WAY
.
THANK HIM FOR THE DAY




HOW DO I SERVE TWO MASTERS,
WHEN THEY ARE DIFFERENT ROADS
THE PATH OF GOD WILL BE THE ONE,
I HOPE MY COUNTRY WILL FOLLOW TOO.


Saturday, 21 June 2008
GOD AND COUNTRY

I can better Serve my Country
When I can Serve my God First

I can See my Country's wrongs
When God is there with me

I can help my Country right
When God is there to Show me wrong

I can Take my Country's Path
When it Leads the way of God

I can Love my Country Dearly
When God is not just words we write

In God we Trust; I Hope it is Truly
One Nation Under God

For when all is done what is Left?
The Faith you have in God

When all is Remembered
Will my Country have Heart?

I Served my God and Kept Heart Too
I Gave my Country The Best I Could

I Shared both with Heart and Love
I Served my God and Country Too

I am a better Countryman
When my Country Serves Him Too.

A Thought
There is one Course that will take me through
The Choices I made and the ones I did not do

Written For and Dedicated To My Country

A Poeatreeman

When I am Faced with doubts

Let God guide my Hand

When my Country Chooses

Let God be The Path

When my Country has doubts

There is God who is Always Waiting

Ask Him for His Views

Let God Speak to you

You will See what to do.

Edgar Allan Prieto
6/6/94
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto

Tuesday, 24 June 2008
Currently Reading
My Country, 'Tis of Thee
By Samuel Francis Smith

see related
MY COUNTRY

I see my Country
Clearly

When I know
What it is doing

I see the wrong

For then
I can guide it right

I am not the Path

But try to find
its Course

Then I'll know

Who's Leading me
To Fight

For what I must answer

Who is right?

What values does
My Country bring?

That find a place
In me

God and right
I'll take their side
My Country
Must be on its side

For I follow not
My Country goal

Rights of People
To be told

Of the Path
My Country
Takes me through

For then I'll know
Just where to go

Then I'll know
Just what to do

I Hope The Path
Is God and True.

A Poeatreeman

If my Country has Heart
I'll know it's mine.

Edgar Allan Prieto
12/19/87
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto



A NEW DIRECTION


My Country
Makes
a Crooked Line
I am Trying
To Straighten it
Get God Behind.

A POEATREEMAN
Edgar Allan Prieto
11/27/2001
COPYRIGHT@2013



THANKS FOR SHARING
EDGAR ALLAN Prieto

9:33 PM - Limited
Janet Chong originally shared this post to Quotes Everlasting (Discussion):
Which path will you take?



GOD and COUNTRY, MY COUNTRY, A NEW DIRECTION | POEATREEMAN on Xanga

No comments:

Post a Comment