Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A WISE OLD BIRD | POEATREEMAN on Xanga


Tuesday, 29 May 2012

A WISE OLD BIRD

 

Tuesday, 01 July 2008

Currently Reading
RONNIE AND THE WISE OLD OWL
By Carroll Crosby
see related

A WISE OLD BIRD


You did not get Wise
Because you are Older
You got Older
because you're Wise

We all exist

A Wise Old Owl
is not in a tree
Not if He is Wise
to what He sees

He may
Hoot and Holler
If He is Wise
He would be Quiet

Take  what is in the View

Know
When and not  to Speak
Know
Who Perches Beside you

It is one Thing
To Get Under  your Feathers
Another Thing to Lose Them

If I am Wise
to What is There
I will Keep what I Have
And Grow with Life

Maybe one day

I will be
a Wise Old Bird

If I do not Ask
too much
Only Expect to Glide
For it is Not
Easy Being Here

Through Wisdom
I Can Learn
I am better
For I have a Chance
to Grow my Feathers

Hoot and Holler  if I Want
What Bird am I
That is Wise Enough?

I am Still in a Puzzle

Trying

To Find where I am
Supposed to Be

A Wise Old Owl
Once said to Me

Learn your ABCs

Then Start with Wisdom
to See What is Me.

A Poeatreeman

Know Truth and Wisdom will Follow
Dedicated to The Learning of Humanity


Edgar Allan Prieto
2/3/92
Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto


A WISE OLD BIRD | POEATREEMAN on Xanga

No comments:

Post a Comment