Saturday, April 9, 2011

THE MEASURE OF A MAN SUNG BY ELTON JOHN

  • THE MEASURE OF A MAN SUNG BY ELTON JOHN





    YouTube - ELTON JOHN - THE MEASURE OF A MAN (ROCKY V)



    WHEN THE TRUMPETS BLOW STRONG

    I hear
    The echoes of a call
    That once was loud
    Now seems gone
    Calling back
    To be
    Remembered.

    Dare
    I wake them up at all
    Or should I keep them
    Where they are
    In
    The Triumphs of the past
    Where they're held
    In Fond Remembrance?

    Dare
    I beckon to the call
    Of The Trumpets
    Blowing strongly
    Calling back
    For me to answer
    Or can
    I Reach where I was
    Then
    On top of it all?

    Or will
    I Fail and Lose it all
    With
    The Triumphs of before
    Or be Remembered
    For my Feats
    Because
    I Could not
    Face Defeat?

    What purpose
    Do I serve?

    In this Quest
    For going on
    To Come back
    Once more
    To Hear
    The Trumpets
    Blowing?

    Will I
    Serve it or myself?

    For Do
    I have
    The Strength
    I need
    To overcome
    All I must
    Knowing
    I Could Fail?

    Most of all
    To myself

    Do
    I have
    The will in me
    if
    I answer
    Yes,
    Is it all
    I need?

    For what is it
    That I want
    To Prove myself
    To Whom or What?

    Written for And Dedicated to
    Sugar Ray Leonard

    Edgar Allan Prieto
    Dec 15,1983

    A Poeatreeman

    The Greatness of Oneself
    Is to Triumph over Evil
    For Goodness is the Fight
    You must Win
    The Rounds are not Ten
    It is Minutes to the End.


    A Poet’ Note

    THE CROWN
    Oh how I would love
    To recover the crown
    It’s hard to regain
    When
    life is wearing it now.
    From A Play of Words
    A Poeatreeman
    6/26/2007

    Copyright ©2007 Edgar Allan Prieto

No comments:

Post a Comment